Wednesday, January 30, 2013
What's a tagline?
It's that catchy slogan that presumably sums up the film.
See if you can match the tagline with the classic film.
I'll start with some easy ones.
1. "They're here."
2. "The night the unsinkable sank."
3. "Who ya gonna call?"
4. "Don't go in the water."
Now that you are warmed up, how about these?
5. "Earth. It was fun while it lasted."
6. "They're young...they're in love...and they kill people."
7. "The monster demands a mate."
8. "This is the weekend they didn't play golf."
9. "Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It's fun to be a vampire."
10. "The classic story about a boy and his mother."
11. "On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody."
12. "Does for rock and roll what 'The Sound of Music' did for hills."
13. "You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hurl."
14. "3% body fat. 1% brain activity."
15. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
a. Bonne and Clyde
e. The Lost Boys
h. Taxi Driver
i. This is Spinal Tap
j. Wayne's World
k. A Night to Remember
l. Bride of Frankenstein
n. The Shining
No peaking! How did you do?
Key: 1-g, 2-k, 3-b, 4-c, 5-d, 6-a, 7-l, 8-o, 9-e, 10-f, 11-h, 12-i, 13-j, 14-m, 15-n.
So here is the good news and the bad news.
Bad news first - the weather is rotten, dreary and foggy.
The good news is - all of these classic films are available at the library.
Click on the links above, place your request and the DVD will await you at the library.
And then curl up by the fire, pour yourself a glass of somethin' somethin' and enjoy!
And your library says, "You are welcome!"