Monday, September 14, 2009
How Much Do You Know About Your Library?
Think you know your local library?
Let's see if you do. Take this quiz and see how you score.
True or False:
1. The library provides up to 10 free DVDs at a time (Do you know what that would cost you at Netflix or Blockbuster?).
2. Every day library staff helps library customers fill out job applications or find some other job hunting related information.
3. All programs offered at the library are free.
4. Library staff will help library customers set up free email accounts so they can stay in touch with family, email possible employers and conduct other necessary online communication.
5. Like other Sno-Isle Libraries, the Mountlake Terrace Library is open on Sunday.
6. Free Homework help is available on the Sno-Isle Web Site.
7. The Library is a welcoming gathering place for the community.
8. Singing can often be heard coming from library meeting rooms during story times.
9. The library has books and other materials in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese (Lynnwood also has Tagalog) as well as in English.
10. It's OK to eat in the library.
OK, the answer to each of these questions is TRUE.
How well did you do?
Here's how to score. Each correct answer is worth 1 point.
9-10 correct -- You are not only a highly intelligent invidivual, but also enlightened, since you know where to go for information to help you in your daily life and especially to get by in tough times. You might even be a librarian.
6-8 correct -- You are also a highly intelligent person who probably got the ones about eating in the library and the singing wrong.
3-5 correct -- Again, highly intelligent -- you found this blog, right? You probably just take our existence for granted, but now you know the facts!
Fewer than 3 correct -- Highly intelligent and absolutely going to check all this stuff out for yourself, yes?
Join us. Take a break from trying to do it all yourself. We have something for everybody. We are here to help and it's free.